Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Greyhound Bus (showing love is easy)

I have just got back from North Carolina where i was there trying to raise some money and see from friends one last time, while I wait for my Visa to go through. (sorry ive been away for awhile)

but I was thinking this whole time what was I going to write about this this time... weather to highlight the struggles of being a young adult missionary in a world of economic uncertiany ask churches to help support my cause or to talk about how in Late August and Early September is when I have started to miss seeing my friends day to day and even more so not being in class not being challenged academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally but I want to talk to you about my 14 hour Greyhound Bus ride from Salisbury, North Carolina to Fredrick, Maryland. typically the Greyhound Bus system is either on time or 30 mins late; no big deal its just how then tend to work, at 5:30pm (about 30 mins late btw)  I aboard GLI 5233 heading to Richmond Virginia which is typically a 4 to 5 hour drive none-stop but we ended up stopping in Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, (changed drivers) Greensboro NC, Durham NC, and then Raleigh NC and finally reaching Richmond about 3:30am from Richmond I had to change buses and wait for the next bus to arrive at the terminal at 4am from Richmond we head up to Washington D.C. about and hour late and from there we stopped in Baltimore, MD for about an hour wait for the west bound GLI 446?? (something) and the third drive to pick us up for our last trek over to Fredrick MD. where i finally got off at the bus at 7:44am.

that whole rant was to explain two things I noticed while traveling
One, people seemed deathly afraid to sit or even say hello if they didnt know  either other or some kind perceived harm might come their way. like the cooties when we were kinds. and secondly the how simply moving over and inviting someone to join the seat next to you could/would like up someones day. I guess sometimes its the simple this we can do to show people we love them without know them. met some really interesting people, tired to sleep some really awarkard ways but all in all it was a good trip.

OH btw most GLI buses have Wifi and plug in now


No comments:

Post a Comment